Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Getting The Message Across For Your Graduation

If you are planning to send a large quantity of cards at the same time, you probably won’t want to order hundreds of cards at once. After all, it would feel pretty awkward to send cards with a picture of you when you were eight or nine years old. Instead, order enough cards to send to everyone who would enjoy an updated photo and add on an additional card for your scrapbook. Then, start planning the next photo note card design from your upcoming graduation day! You want to scream it from the rooftops! You’re finally graduating and you’ll never have to sit through Calculus again. However, when your mom brings the graduation invitations up you feel a bit uncertain. Isn’t that kind of tacky? Won’t everyone just think you are just after a gift? Actually, letting everyone know they don’t need to feel obligated to send a gift when they receive an announcement is fairly simple. Just tell them. Try one of these ideas for getting the message across:

a) A hug and your sincere congratulations are the only gifts I need.
b) Please feel free to give me your valuable advice as I prepare for college.
c) I like presents as much as the next person, but this is not a thinly veiled request for gifts. I just want you to celebrate my achievement with me.
d) Want to give me a graduation gift? Great! Don’t want to give me a graduation gift? Great! However, feeling excited over my good news is mandatory!
e) Instead of sending me graduation gifts, please give a small contribution to Books for Kids or your favorite literacy or school related charity. I want everyone to be able to feel the same sense of accomplishment I feel!

Order professional looking invitation cards. There are many card design options for different types of businesses already available, but if you can’t find just the right design, you can create your own note card art. Uploading the art and ordering custom cards is simple and fast with VistaPrint’s user friendly interface.

No comments: